On the evening of Tuesday, November 12, 2019, Wellington Water Watchers (a non-profit organization committed to protecting drinking water from Nestlé in Wellington County in Ontario) hosted, “All Eyes on Nestlé” at the University of Toronto, St. George Campus. With an...
On March, 22nd, 2019 the ‘Feasting the Forgotten Rivers’ water walk took place in Toronto, beginning at Evergreen Brickworks and ending at the Queens Quay harbour in honour of World Water Day. This water walk was led by traditional life practitioner, Dr. Debby Wilson...
Downstream is a collection of writings by scholars, artists, scientists and activists who together understand that our shared human need for clean water is vital to building peace and good relationships with one another. I had heard of this research-creation project...
- Huge First Nations land claim in court, Radio Canada International
- Grassy Narrows worries about Liberals’ promise to help with mercury contamination
- Meet Bonnie McElhinny, the new principal of New College
- Bonnie McElhinny Wins Larkin Award
- Living at the water’s edge: students collect stories about water and people
- Something in the Water: Stories and Social Change-Great Lakes Connection
- Undergraduate research trip to Hawaii offers U of T anthropology students lessons for living on Indigenous land